Old Treasury Building is currently recruiting!
Applications close Friday 23 February, 2018.
Be inspired! Contribute to our story!
Do you love Melbourne, stunning architecture, and helping people? Do you like to share and interpret Victoria’s history?
If so, why not consider volunteering with the Old Treasury Building?
Role of a Volunteer:
– Communicate directly with visitors
– Provide general directions around the museum
– Monitor the exhibition spaces
– Support staff with reception duties and other activities
– Deliver short talks or tours to the general public
– Participate in professional development opportunities and other training
– invitations to selected exhibition openings and other events
– admission to all talks and lectures held at the Old Treasury Building
– visit to various attractions around Melbourne.
If you are interested in joining our motivated team, and assisting the many visitors from Australia and beyond, we welcome your application. Please download and complete the application form below.
If you have any questions please contact:
(03) 9651 2233 or email
Old Treasury Building is an equal opportunity employer. The Old Treasury Building’s volunteer program is open to men and women eighteen years of age or older who are enthusiastic, flexible, interested in Melbourne history and culture, and able to communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds. No previous arts or volunteering experience is necessary. Ongoing training will provided, including lectures, workshops, field trips, and seminars.
NOTE: Acceptance into the volunteer program is subject to successful completion of a police check. Working with Children Cards will need to be current and sighted before volunteering can commence.
Old Treasury Building cannot offer internships or work experience placements at this time.
Old Treasury Building is a member of